GES Research and Development Department GES objectives:
… to be part of interconnected testbeds, acting as a gateway for hemisphere pilot demonstrations.
… to be part of a consortium that needs: Global competitive large-scale pilots and professional partner with research capabilities in pedagogical & technological extended learning environments that will allow the participation of a wider community.
Activities @ GES
- Networking and dissemination activities
- joint papers
- joint research
- Visiting professor
- active research collaboration
- Exchange of PhD, post-Doc, reserachers, lecturers
- complementary expertise
Why working with institutions in Latin America?
- The opportunity to reach different type of population (major cities, countryside, small villages with low connectivity).
- A wider testbed for validation of global solutions.
- To enhance Europe’s excellence in ICT research and its role in driving progress and innovation worldwide
Joint projects programmes:
- To help improve the quality, relevance and accessibility of Higher Education in LA, particularly for the most vulnerable groups;
- To contribute to strengthening the process of regional integration in the area of Higher Education in LA, fostering progress towards the creation of a Common Higher Education Area in the region and promoting its synergies with the EU system.
Our research objectives:
- 1.5 Connected and Social media
- 5.3 ICT for smart and personalised inclusion
- 10.3 International Partnership building and support to dialogues
- 8.2 Technology enhanced learning
- ICT-2011.8.1 Technology-enhanced learning
- ICT-2011.1.2 Cloud Computing, Internet of Services and Advanced Software Engineering
- ICT-2011.1.3 Internet-connected Objects
- ICT-2011.1.5 Networked Media and Search Systems
- ICT-2011.1.6 Future Internet Research and Experimentation (FIRE)